Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Finally, a decision from Harvard

For the past month or so, I've been wondering about my applications to Harvard's Chemistry and Chemical Biology program and MIT's chemistry program. I sent in all of my graduate applications in December (I believe the Harvard application went out second, during the first week of December) and had heard back from four of the six schools between the end of December and mid-January. I went on graduate school visits without having heard back from Harvard and MIT, figured the letter stating their decisions might have gotten lost in the mail, and decided that I would soon call the departments to find out.

Well, it turns out Harvard just took a long time to reject me. The letter was waiting for me in the mail when I got back from my visits a couple of days ago. Still no word about MIT.

I'll be posting about my visits to Stanford and Berkeley soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds familiar, same thing happened to me (one year later). I got my rejection letter even after the visiting weekend had happened.

    ReplyDelete